[IP] Info on recommended number of bg test/day

I'm looking for studies, recommendations, etc that support testing the bg
often (six + times per day) when using pump therapy.  As of the first of
the year my insurance (Medicare contract HMO) will only provide 100 strips
per month. They have always provided 200 but now that money is short they
have fallen back to the Medicare limit of 100.  I cannot control my bg's
with three test per day.  Any info that I can quote in my appeal will be

Tnx, Corky