Re: [IP] Pump Training

In a message dated 1/30/01 1:25:58 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I've been Type 1 since 1942. I don't think carb counting started until less
> than 10 years ago. So we didn't have anything except exchanges. I learned
> carb counting when I started pumping 5.5 years ago and there is no
> comparison. If you're on an exchange diet you are forced into fixed meal
> sizes, while with carb counting you can pick and choose much more like an
> ordinary person. I should think that carb counting would work for Type 2's
> who use insulin pumps, but I have my doubts about it's working for any Type

As I just said in my last letter I have a friend who's been a diabetic for 28
years or so and she has always carb counted.  Maybe the children's hospital
in KC was very forward thinking???
My endo thinks everyone would benefit from carb counting, type 1, type 2, no
matter how they are treated, a carb is a carb is a carb....

"I think I've scratch the surface after 20 years of marriage.
Women want chocolate and conversation."  --Mel Gibson