[IP] Fluorescein Angiography

Yerachmiel wrote:

> Anybody on board ever have one of those horrible reactions to the
> (if you ever have you KNOW what I mean).

Oh, yes.  Every time I had one 14 years ago.  One time I took
an anti-nausea pill and that seemed to help, but they don't
recommend those anymore (don't know why).

The histoplasmosis which necessitated those fluoresceins back
then came back in November, and I had to have another.  I didn't
have as strong a reaction this time, but I did end up sitting on
the floor with my head betwen my legs after it was over.  Then
I got to get a shot in the eye, which has a much higher gross-
out factor, but actually was much better than the fluorescein.

It helped me this time that my Dr. didn't have his thumb
in my eye during the procedure -- I _hate_ that.

Sorry, I'm sure that doesn't help much.

Karen Lipinsky               email @ redacted