Re: [IP] unstable bs

  The one thing I'm sure a lot of people will ask you is if you have read or
have the book, Pumping Insulin???  This is THE book about pumping and in
there are answers to all of these types of problems.  I just got the 3rd
edition because my son, who is 9, is pumping.  This book goes over basal
rates, bolus rates, fine tuning, carb counting, EVERYTHING!!!  I got mine
from the Disetronic net store.  It was $21.00 and they sent it out right
away.  You can get it through Mnimed also.

  Some areas on the body, I have found, can get more sore than others.  High
up on Josh's tummy actually was very painful for him, but then he is so
skinny.  Now we almost are exclusively using the top part of his hiney and he
is having absolutely NO PAIN, hardley even knows they are there and his BGs
are the best in over a year!  He is on the Dis H-Tron but we are using the MM
Sof-Sets with the serter.  It is definately a whatever works for you type of
thing.  It will take lots of practice and LOTS of patience to finally get
things where they are comfortable for you.  And just when you think you have
it something will change it so don't be too set in your ways!

Good luck and lets us know how things go for you!

mom to Joshua