Re: [IP] Pump Training

"Out of curiosity, were people with Type 1 ever trained with the exchange
method? "

Ha ha, yes, old habits (in the medical profession) do die hard.  I was
diagnosed with type 1 just 16 months ago and I was taught the exchange
system and a rigid schedule.  It was so stupid, some meals I was only
eating half of what I wanted, and some meals I was looking around for
items to fill in the categories when I was already full.  It wasn't until
I stumbled apon carb counting in a book myself that I saw the light and
began the journey towards the pump and back to a normal life of eating
what I wanted when I wanted.  I bet this endo and group of CDE's and
dieticians at the local hospital are still only doing exchanges.