[IP] unstable bs

I have only been on pump since Jan.5 and first week did pretty good
average about  bs178. Now I am not so good. Could it be the site i'm
using. I also am having soreness in some areas. I am trying higher up on
my stomach starting today. I really don't know how to count the carbs
with the insulin.  I am on basil 2.8 and at each meal 12 units bolus or
sliding scale if over 150 15 units and etc. but still i get high sugars
and hardly eat anything. I walk it goes higher.
Any suggestions anyone.
thanks Shirley