[IP] Exchange vx carb-counting training

> Out of curiosity, were people with Type 1 ever trained with the exchange
> method?  I'm wondering if Type 2's are ever trained with carb counting? I
> know an older man who is an insulin dependent Type 2 who had never heard of
> carb counting, and had a really difficult time with his control.
> Diane :-)

The past is still the present for some. I was not trained to do carb-counting
and have pumped for 17+ years. When I found out about it 6/99 I asked my endo
(a pioneer in pumps) why I didn't know. He said to stick with the exchanges -
it's easier. Twenty years sounds like a long time to younger people, but to us
older ones, it is just yesterday. Some (eved drs) do not adjust to change
readily. YMMV (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics