Re: [IP] Update; breakfast issues

>> One full week into pumping and we are finally beginning to catch on.
>> Yesterday Lauren was between 75 and 120 for almost 24 hours!!! This
>> was with a soccer game (temp basal) and eating out - -a huge victory
>> for us. I was interested to note that Lauren played soccer better
>> than she EVER has -- with focus and determination. had to wonder if
>> the within range bg's had something to do with it . .

>Absolutely! I can vouch for that on behalf of my 17yo daughter. When
>she is either high or low she complains that her body just won't do
>what she asks it too.

I have the same experience. When my blood sugar is
low, I get *very* clumsy: I drop things, trip, lose
my balance. When it's high, especially if it's because
of a too-low basal rate, I feel like I'm pushing a
rock up the side of a mountain even when I'm walking
on a flat surface. I just can't achieve that sense
of looseness and enjoy the exertion as I do when I
have the right balance of insulin and glucose in my

One thing I've found with the pump is that keeping
my blood sugar in control during exercise is *much*
easier than it used to be. Before the pump, I never
really knew what my blood sugar would be after a
workout; now I can predict it to within 30 points --
usually less. That and stable overnight blood sugars
are the greatest benefits in control that going on
the pump has given me so far. I can't wait to go on
a day hike and be able to lower my basal rate instead
of eating raisins the entire time I'm on the trail!