Re: : [IP] Pump Training

Diane Couchot wrote
>Out of curiosity, were people with Type 1 ever trained with the exchange
>method?  I'm wondering if Type 2's are ever trained with carb counting?

I've been Type 1 since 1942. I don't think carb counting started until less
than 10 years ago. So we didn't have anything except exchanges. I learned
carb counting when I started pumping 5.5 years ago and there is no
comparison. If you're on an exchange diet you are forced into fixed meal
sizes, while with carb counting you can pick and choose much more like an
ordinary person. I should think that carb counting would work for Type 2's
who use insulin pumps, but I have my doubts about it's working for any Type
2 who uses long acting insulin or pills.
Tom Beatson