Re: : [IP] Pump Training

I worked as both the inpatient and outpatient Dietitian in a medium-sized
hospital just outside of Indianapolis, Indiana for a while.

When I taught the new diabetics, I always taught a combination of the two...I
used the exchange lists as a reference to show correct portion sizes (they
are the correct portion sizes for ALL people, not just diabetics,) and also
taught them carb counting.

But I also have been carb counting since shortly after being diagnosed (and
still refuse to give up my regular Pepsi,) and could very easily use both
'tools' to teach my patients.  I had walked the proverbial mile in their

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.