Re: : [IP] Pump Training

I think you are right on.  Carb counting together with pumping gives you
much more freedom.  I made pizza's for my son's lunch last week.  He ate
one for a snack and his bg seemed to climb and climb afterwards, even
though he had bolused for the correct number of carbs.  Solution: the
square wave bolus.  The next day, he used this feature, and the bg's stayed
normal afterwards.  I think there are ways to work with just about
everything edible.

Out of curiosity, were people with Type 1 ever trained with the exchange
method?  I'm wondering if Type 2's are ever trained with carb counting? I
know an older man who is an insulin dependent Type 2 who had never heard of
carb counting, and had a really difficult time with his control.

Diane :-)
Mom of Levi, diagnosed age 13, now 16
pumping five days!