Re: : [IP] Pump Training

In a message dated 1/28/01 4:08:45 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Regimented diets are
> not traditionally prescribed anymore.  If you are taught carb counting, you
> will know pretty much what your responses to all carbs will be.  And it
> allows more freedom.
> I know how many carbs I am supposed to have for each meal/snack. I have to
> stick to the diet to a "T." If I do, I have no problems. But, I don't have
> any
> variation in the amount of carbs I eat, unless I am exercising. I don't wish
> to eat pizza everyday, but it would be nice if I could have something like
> that *occassionally*......which right now, I *absolutely cannot* do. Right
> now, chinese (rice/noodles), mexican (beans/rice), and italian (pasta) is
> totally out of the question.

Your carb counting doesn't sound any freer to me than exchanges do.  I don't
have a diet I have to follow to a "T", not at all.  I eat what I want when I
want and I am trying to watch so I don't gain weight.  I can eat chinese,
mexican or italian, I just figure carbs and do it.
I'm not putting you down saying this at all, I just thought you were missing
out on freedom in carb counting by having to follow a diet to a "T".
Freedom has been the best part of pumping for me.
Does everyone keep their diet this regimented???
Just wondering....
btw, we have pizza twice a week here.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!