[IP] Insurance question

I am new to Humana HMO and am surprised by my latest finding.....I have to get
a referral every three months for my pump supplies.  The customer service rep
told me that only cancer patients or dialysis patients; patients who have to
get continuous treatment do not have to get referrals.  Well, I think this IS
continuous treatment!  It has already been 18 days since I asked for the
referral.  I haven't heard anything from Dr, or Insurance.  Called insurance
this morning to get update.  They are calling medical supply company in Corpus
(I am in San Antonio).  I am NOT looking forward to going through this EVERY
three months!!!