In a message dated 1/28/01 4:08:45 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Subject:
> Folks,
> I think that it's possible for us to lobby Bill Gates,
> who did just announce that he's giving $10 million for
> AIDS vaccine research, without getting into the issue
> of whether people with AIDS "could have prevented it"
> or "deserve" it. We gain nothing by perpetuating the
> idea that people with AIDS are to blame for their

My dh and I did see a program where Bill and his wife were featured and it
did look like if any idea is presented to them that seems to benefit others
they are willing to help out.  They give out a lot of money to a lot of
different projects.  It wouldn't hurt at all to present a well-thought out
request for diabetes research.

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000