[IP] Re: Carb is a carb - formerly: Reactions to the pump

Faith wrote:
<<They always talk about the same things, what you can't
eat.  I went to one meeting where my endo talked and carefully explained that
a carb was a carb and you can eat anything, it just didn't sink in at all...>>
Those who have dealt with diabetes for years can surely reply to this better
than me, but I am thinking that the old method of treating diabetes did say
to never eat any sugar.  Today with carb counting and fast acting insulin, I
think most diabetics, especially pumpers, can eat reasonable portions of all
foods.  We have found the keys to be timing, counting and portions -- with
the proper amount of insulin to cover the food.  Times have changed and some
doctors, endos and patients are not aware of the new way and more flexible
way of handling diabetes.
Susan - GrandMa to Cory