[IP] Re: diagnostic criteria/ CDC article/epidemiology

    How time flies!  Let's see, if the change in criteria was late 1997, I
suppose it would wend its effects through the medical system over a year or
so and pop up as a statistical abberation not by 1997 data, but 1998 and
1999.  That's a guess.  I don't think our reference lab made the change in
its "normal" range 'till late in '98.  Was a fairly moot point in our clinic
as the appointment staff pretty much makes all the appointments for those who
question new diabetes onset with me.  And I tell all the staff about "new
stuff" regarding diabetes.  (The idea of Carb counting vs the old "diabetic
diet" dies hard)
    One of the list members commented that the statistical rise was in excess
of the expected rise due to this change.  That's kind of what I was wondering
out loud....had seen a lot of references to the article, but didn't hear any
comment before about this issue.  I need to find some time and read the
    Cheers.     Linda