Re: [IP] Pump Training

Carey...you're doing an ADA diet...has your MD had you sit down with a
Registered Dietitian (RD) to teach you carb counting?  Regimented diets are
not traditionally prescribed anymore.  If you are taught carb counting, you
will know pretty much what your responses to all carbs will be.  And it
allows more freedom.

Just my opinion, but you've had this for almost a year, and should have had
more training on insulin and should have been mixing insulin by now.

My honeymoon period happened about 8 months after I was diagnosed and I sure
that my diabetes was going to go away!!! (I was 11.)  It only lasted about a

Just some food for thought.

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18+ years, pumping for 6+ years.