Re: [IP] Pump Training

Carey, I've had T1 for 30 years, so I already knew a little about diabetes.I
started the pump Dec 26. A CDE showed me how to program, fill and insert the
set, then I did it. The initial rates and carb/insulin ratios were already
determined by them (they have since changed).I also saw a dietician. I was
there 3 hours. I went back 2 days later, reviewed everything I learned
before, changed the set for them, and saw the dietician again.Another 3
hours. I went back again in 5 days, changed set, re-reviewed everything
again with CDE, discussed sick days, saw dietician, and saw doctor too. 3
more hours.I saw the CDE again 2 weeks later to adjust rates and get
questions answered. I now fax my bgs every week, and there's been changes to
basals and the carb/insulin ratio has been changed too.I'm satisfied with my
training and I hope you get something comparable. Don't hesitate to ask
(them or us) if you have questions.