Re: [IP] Reactions to the pump

In a message dated 1/27/01 1:29:33 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am finding it almost impossible to explain to type 2's that a carb
> is a carb no matter what type of food is eaten.  If they see you eat
> anything
> that has a speck of sugar in it, then they know for sure that is why you are
> "out of control."

I find this to be true at the local hospital's diabetes support group
meetings.  I go out of desperation, hoping it will be good.  I know no other
diabetics in my life.  They always talk about the same things, what you can't
eat.  I went to one meeting where my endo talked and carefully explained that
a carb was a carb and you can eat anything, it just didn't sink in at all...

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000