[IP] Re: Shipping insulin

> Also, can you order a 3
> month supply when having it shipped and thus lower your co-pay?  Our
> prescriptions have a co-pay per prescription and I wonder if getting a 3
> month supply would mean that I would only make one co-pay instead of making
> one each month.

I HATE mail-order Rx's. I ordered 3-mos. worth an August ago and later was
told it takes 2-3 weeks for a new Rx to be filled. We had vac. plans (4 days)
and when we got home there sat the insulin in the sun on the front porch. It
was our fault. We were told we had to stay home and wait. I had to end up
getting a new Rx and going to my local pharm and get a 1-mo. supply because
the ins. plan said I already had my *fill.*  I think it is up to your
plan/ins. how they supply meds. If you have a mail order option, then you can
certainly do that.

Ours come from Fort Worth, TX and THEY decide what the weather in
north-central Indiana is. We had a 70*F day one Feb. and since it's winter in
Indiana, Ft. Worth decides it isn't to be insulated. WRONG - sitting enclosed
in a black mail box at 70*F for a couple of hours is pretty hot. I also had
700 test strips out there at 9*F - which isn't too cool. Well, that IS the
point - it's toooooooo cool! After doing some calculations, I have come to the
conclusion that on OUR plan, going to the local pharm will cost us $1.50 more
per year for insulin, NOT the other 10 Rx's, however.

When making a couple of sandwiches you have to buy the whole loaf of bread,
therefore, it requires 2 vials of H for me a month. Four vials cover 3 months.
YMMV (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics