Re: [IP] Insulin delivery by mail

>How do they ship insulin?  Is it put into any type of special container to
>keep it within certain temperature ranges?  I would love the convience of
>having insulin shipped, but was afraid to risk it. Also, can you order a 3
>month supply when having it shipped and thus lower your co-pay?

>Susan - GMa to Cory
J.D. has his insulin mailed to him.  We receive ours in a styrofoam cooler
with reusable ice packs.  Our insurance company makes us get a 3 month
supply through the mail.  We don't have to pay a cent when ordering this
way.  Our mail in pharmacy is EHS.  I don't know if that makes any
difference.  You would have to probably check with your insurance company
and see what they have to offer you.
Good luck.