Re: [IP] Itchy Skin

In a message dated 1/27/01 3:57:42 AM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

<<  Old sites begin to itch
 after a day or so.  It's so bad tonight that I want to claw my skin off.  I
 use IV Prep before insertion, alcohol to clean the area when I take a site
 out.  For the itch I have used Neosporin and Gold Bond Medicated Moisturizing
 Body Lotion.  They do not seem to help.  Can someone tell me what will? >>
First, why are you using alcohol to clean the area after you take the site
out?  Alcohol is drying and you may be sensitive to it.  If you want to clean
it, try using soap and water then follow up with the Neosporin.
Second, you may be sensitive or allergic to the IV Prep.  There are other
products to use.  My son was allergic to all of them and got the itching and
redness like you.  The only one that has worked for him is BARD.  Good luck.