[IP] Re: Complications with normal HgA1c's

This goes along with what our endo once told me. He said that
when you present in DKA at dx (as my daughter did), your diabetes
is harder to control than if you had caught it early. He also
said no one can explain why that is, it just is. I think it is
important for people to know how to do injections and have a
basic knowledge of the different insulins, etc should the need
ever arise, but I also think pump therapy should be started as
early as possible. It is too bad that many kids aren't "allowed"
to start until they are teens.

Spot said:
Your point is well teken Curtis but another reason is to prolong
the honeymoon period as long as possible as this improves the
pliabilty of diabetes and keeps it more manageable actually most
kids don't get on the pump soon enough. spot.

little guy due 3/10/01