Re: [IP] Re: DM becoming epidemic....

In a message dated 1/26/01 4:30:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Natalie Sera suggested 2 entirely diff. names be given to the 2 diff. types
> without the word *diabetes (mellitus)* used at all. Sounds like a good idea.

Jan:
   My sentiments exactly. I've been espousing the same idea for years, but
since it isn't likely to happen in the near future, it would be nice if the
media could at a minimum add the disclaimer" this is not to be confused with
Type I diabetes which is an autoimmune condition that CAN'T be eliminated
through diet or exercise." I heard a promo for tonight's news & the "big
story" is the DIABETES EPIDEMIC of overweight Americans! GROAN.......
Regards, Renee (melissa's pump mom)