Re: [IP] Re: DM becoming epidemic....

In a message dated 1/26/01 4:30:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Natalie Sera suggested 2 entirely diff. names be given to the 2 diff. types
> without the word *diabetes (mellitus)* used at all. Sounds like a good idea.

   My sentiments exactly. I've been espousing the same idea for years, but
since it isn't likely to happen in the near future, it would be nice if the
media could at a minimum add the disclaimer" this is not to be confused with
Type I diabetes which is an autoimmune condition that CAN'T be eliminated
through diet or exercise." I heard a promo for tonight's news & the "big
story" is the DIABETES EPIDEMIC of overweight Americans! GROAN.......
Regards, Renee (melissa's pump mom)