[IP] Re: Mean old dentists

I've had great dentists as an older child, teen, and adult.
*Really* great ones! So yes, they are definitely out there! But I
remember when I was a very young child, my dentist would yell and
scream at me (my sisters remember the same thing so it's not just
me) and that probably has a LOT to do with my white coat syndrome
(and basic mistrust of drs) now. I can't walk into a drs office
without my blood pressure going up. Just the mere thought of
going to an appt makes it go up and I get the jitters
(butterflies, etc). I have to do breathing exercises all the way
to the appt to help me relax. LOL! :) My current dentist (for the
past 5yrs) has been so great I don't get this anxiety at all with
her, but any other dr appts, I do.

Janet said:
Maybe it's just that I've had bad luck, but I've been to four
different dentists (two as a child, two as an adult), and they've
all been very punitive and unpleasant. But I do believe that
there are good, gentle dentists out there.

little guy due 3/10/01