Re: [IP] Mean old dentists [IP] Mean old dentists [IP] Mean old dentists

Natalie, that's extremely encouraging. I'm making getting to
the dentist a big priority. March 1 is my self-imposed
deadline -- but I still have to find a dentist!

Maybe it's just that I've had bad luck, but I've been to four
different dentists (two as a child, two as an adult), and they've
all been very punitive and unpleasant. But I do believe that
there are good, gentle dentists out there.

On a somewhat different note, I've always thought of the
exhortations by dentists to take care of one's teeth as evidence
that people often act against their self-interest. After all, if
dentists just wanted to make money, they wouldn't be urging
us all to floss and brush, right?

/Janet L.