[IP] Re: Low blood sugars & Ketones ??

>From what I've heard from others (recently), if mod or large
ketones are present with low bgs, some drs will tell you to give
glucose in some form (some will say to give small amounts of
glucagon if the person can't/won't eat enough) to raise the bg
just enough so that more insulin can be given. Obviously the bgs
would need to be closely monitored to prevent hypoglycemia. If
the ketones are small or trace then extra insulin is usually not
given but the person is told to drink extra fluids to wash out
the ketones.
A lot of how this is treated probably depends on the situation
and as we know, not all drs do things the same way either.

Richard said:
I know Ketones is associated with High blood sugar,but is there
any possibility to have ketones with a low blood sugar?? If this
were true & you treated Ketones with more insulin [ with a low
blood sugar ] what would

little guy due 3/10/01