Re: [IP] Low blood sugars & Ketones ??

At 11:00 PM 1/25/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>     I know Ketones is associated with High blood sugar,but is there any
>possibility to have ketones with a low blood sugar?? If this were true & you
>treated Ketones with more insulin [ with a low blood sugar ] what would

Yes, it is possible to have ketones without high blood sugar.  Ketones are
produced any time your body is burning fat rather than carbs.  So if you
are losing fat you will show ketones.  This was a real problem with the
high protein, low carb liquid diets so popular in the 70s.

Taking insulin in these cases would cause an insulin reaction and not do
anything to lower the ketones.  A better course of action would be to drink
plenty of water in an attempt to flush them out of your system.