Re: [IP] Sites for sift-set Micro/ Starting the Pump

My son, Levi, who is 16, started "pumping" on the MiniMed 508 yesterday
evening!!!  Because of his thin build (hoping to put some meat on his
bones) he also chose the Silhouette.  You are not kidding about it
appearing intimidating!!!!  He was concerned that he might hit his stomach
or even kidney!!!  He was so brave when he inserted it.  He did it in his
abdomen very slowly, which might not have been the easiest, and did say
that he felt it go through each layer of skin. :-(    Nevertheless, he
inserted it himself with flying colors, and is 'hooked up"!  His numbers
were a little high after dinner; probably because we drove through
McDonald's on our way home last evening.  The high fat contact appeared to
have made his numbers high a few hours after eating?  They peaked in the
250 range, which was alarming, but then came down.  This morning his BG was
79 at breakfast.  We checked it in the night and it was under 100.  So, I
think we're on a roll.  We are extremely hopeful and encouraged.

Thank you to all who have offered information on the brands, and insights
into their features.  We will write down the "pumping date" as a new beginning!

Diane :-)