Re: [IP] Merck-Medco - Similar story

> out.  There was 4 inches of snow on my doorstep where it
would have
> been left had I not been home. I called HR.  They told me that I
> should have returned the call to MM and that I need to work this out
> with Merck Medco and that the original info I was given back in Nov.
> from HR was not correct.  I called Merck Medco and was told that
> this is how it is always done and all is well in the world as far as
> they are concerned.
> I will be calling CIGNA to try to get them to straighten things out
> with Merck Medco but without any documentation on how this drug
> should be handled other than what I think should happen, I doubt I
> am going to win this one.

Eli Lilly has written documentation explaining handling procedures.
Call your insurance company directly. Ask to speak the Merck Medco
liason representative and go over the problem. In the mean time, call
Merck and tell them to send you a call tag for the insulin and send a
new batch at their expense. If the refuse, use small claims court. It
is their responsibility to deliver the medications in an acceptable
manner as spelled out by the manufacturer. They also have to pay for
it, not you. There are lots of hammers big and small to solve these