Re: [IP] Complications with normal HgA1c's`

In a message dated 1/24/01 11:22:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

 My daughter is going on the continuous glucose monitor on Friday (for 3
 days).  By all accounts, I have been told to be shocked at the real
 fluctuations in bgs not picked up by the routine testing with monitors.
 Common sense dictates that fluctuations MUST do damage.  How can they not?
 Lindsey >>
        I like Jan have always believed YMMV about complications. I have
lasted 53 years on insulin and still ice skate every day. I have early signs
of kidney problems (micro albumin on the 40's normal is up to 24). I only
take 4 pills a day to help the heart and kidneys. I recommend you stay on top
of your diabetic condition but don't let it stop you from living your life.
To worry about complications all the time will cause stress + depression.
When they have a better way to control BS I will be in line like the rest of
you. Roger C (dx 12/1/47 pm 5/8/00).