[IP] Re: Low Blood Sugar Treatment That Can Kill

>The treatment involves giving the children a sodium
>bicarbonate injection to youngsters whose blood sugar

>level is too low, a condition known as diabetic
>....Doctors give bicarbonate in hopes of neutralizing

>the acids in the blood that rise to toxic levels when

>blood sugar levels drop too far, producing the
>fatigue, thirst, nausea, labored breathing and
>confusion that are hallmarks of ketoacidosis. The
>problem requires emergency medical treatment.

Ok, now I am confused: is this treatment used for LOW
or HIGH blood sugar???  Shouldn't they be more clear
about that since there DEFINITELY is a difference
between these two situations.....

And, of course, here's the other "biggie" question:
HOW can they publish something like that, with such an
obvious error without noticing it???  I can't believe
they PAID someone to write that!  Worse, don't they
pay someone else to EDIT and REVIEW what has been
written for errors?  That means, at least TWO people
missed something that obvious......  >:-(

It's making me wonder, "How many OTHER mistakes have
they made?"  How many OTHER ideas have been placed in
my head but are actually totally wrong???  I know I
still live in a fairy-tale world, but hey, I can't
help getting frustrated.  Mistakes like this one is
why we all are suffering from our "well meaning but
misinformed" friends/family/co-workers/etc.!   Grrrrr!

Pump hugs,

Melissa Collins

Do You Yahoo!?