Re: [IP] medicare and supplies

> I have medicare as my primary insurance and then a private secondary
> insurance also.  I have encountered a problem with a new pump I was
> considering.  It seems that medicare will not cover the cost of the
> Disetronic D-Tron adapters$65  and disetronic insulin filling set.
> the filling sets are covered but only for $25 and their cost is $95.
> what this adds up to is a monthly cost to me of $130 which is not
> acceptable.

The Filling Set is a plastic product and should have a very long life.
At most, this would be a once a year purchase, I've used mine (an
H-tron type, but a very similar product) for about 15 months and
hope to still use it when I retire in 13 years.  Disetronics website
shows the D-tron Adapters available for $59.50.