[IP] Re: Complications with normal HbA1c's

> From: "pclark" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Complications with normal HgA1c's`
> I have had type 1 diabetes for 29 years. < snip> My question is, even though
I have normal A1's, my blood
> sugars have fluctuated between about 30 and 400 in the last few years, and
> even more before five shots a day, do the wide fluctuations lend themselves
> toward the complications? Maybe, it's the accumulative highs over the 29
> years?
> Victoria

I think a lot of us have found that it's strictly a YMMV (Your Mileage May
Vary) thingy. There is no rhyme nor reason to this disease. Some who have
taken the best care have lots of complications, others with lousy care have
few or none. A lot of this is the luck of the gene pool. One IPer once said if
we could predict what's going to happen (even in one day), DM wouldn't be any
fun at all.  You'll be glad you are going to pump. (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmbashpics