[IP] reactions to the pump

I definately have had my share of "I didn't realize it was so bad" mostly
from my family if you can believe it.  I think they would rather not see a
reminder of the diabetes because it makes them feel bad.  (my mom in
particular - although she did see it as a plus that I could skip meals if I
felt like it.)  Most of my friends have been really interested in it.  In
fact it's given me an opportunity to explain diabetes in greater detail to
them.  It's surprising how ignorant the general public is about Type 1.