[IP] Re: reaction to the pump

Sherri,

I hate this reaction too, as if we didn't take care of ourselves for
years, and now we have to go on the pump. Whereas, we go on it to take
better care of ourselves. I've found that by briefly stating that "it's
the newest technology" for diabetics, very 'state-of-the-art', and
obviously so much technologically better than injections, that our
technology-happy/hungry world is satisfied with this explanation. I also
say, while I'm still pregnant, that it's the best thing for the baby, and
that shuts them up usually.

Maureen