Re: [IP] More Flossing For Diabetics....Pleeeease!

On 24 Jan 2001, at 3:16, email @ redacted wrote:

> Groooooan.  I hate even thinking about this because
> a) I seem to have more than the usual terror of dentists, so
> b) I haven't been to a dentist in years, longer than I am
>    willing to admit (so don't ask), and
> c) I know I should go, because I know that with diabetes I'm
>    more at risk for gum disease, but
> d) I'm embarassed and ashamed and afraid of being
>    lectured, and besides
> e) I don't know how to find a sympathetic dentist who will
>    treat me with kid gloves, even though
> f) I'm willing to turn over a new leaf about flossing and so
>    forth, I just need
> g) a little bit of encouragement and support. The best things
>    I can say about my teeth and gums are
> h) I'm not in any pain, and
> i) my gums aren't actually bleeding.
> Whimper. This is the one major health matter that I just haven't
> been able to deal with since getting diabetes.
> Advice? Encouragement? Lectures? Helllllp!
as an EXTREME needlephobe, I really really really really hear ya.

I have a similar problem with dentists mainly because they are so
quick with that @#$% needle.

I have no advice or encouragement or lectures.

All I can say is, I LOVE MY FLOSBRUSH:

(I never did get the hang of flossing without a device to help)