Re: [IP] medicare and supplies

In a message dated 1/24/01 2:57:52 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  it
> does not make sense to me that since medicare has stepped in to cover pump
> supplies it is costing me more than ever.  As a result of this I can not no
> longer consider the disetronic D-tron model.  Here's another interesting
> thing, all supplies for the MM 508 are covered by medicare so it looks like
> this is  better for anyone on medicare and with limited income.
I'm taking notes with interest as the day we all may be on medicare
approaches.  I don't understand and think it totally unfair that the gov't
should be able to decide which pump you can choose by paying for all one's
supplies and limiting others.  Does the gov't have a contract with MM?  or
just a bias?

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000