Re: [IP] Reactions to the pump

In a message dated 1/24/01 1:12:43 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> It's hard on those of us who don't have a large support group nearby that we
> can
> go to.
I don't think you're the only one in these circumstances Sherry.
I don't know anyone in my life personally here where I live who is a dm'er on
a pump.   I still get talk about food from the food police who have no idea
what they are talking about.  My fam doesn't talk about my diabetes at all,
it's being here is ignored.  Although my bro was intrigued with the high tech
gadget idea when I first got it.  They all thought I'd gone in for invasive
surgery to be able to have a pump.  good grief.  I explained but I don't
think they really "got it".

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000