[IP] Re: Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Floss I Go...

I don't want to sound like an advertisement but I want to share
our experience with you. Just before my daughter (with diabetes)
got her braces last year, we were getting all her xrays, etc done
at the Navy Hospital. While waiting, this father and his daughter
came up to wait their turn. We started talking and this father
told me he had just retired but used to be a dental hygienist in
the Navy, and that he recommended using the Sonicare toothbrush
for the braces. In fact, he recommended it for the whole family.
He said his whole family used it. He said that when he would
clean people's teeth there was an obvious difference in the teeth
(plaque, gingivitis, etc) between those using regular
toothbrushes and those using a Sonicare (that's what convinced
him to use it.) So...I took his advice and soon after, got some
Sonicares thinking what have I got to lose? When I had my first
dental checkup after using mine, my hygienist (not knowing I
switched) commented on how very little plaque I had and how nice
my mouth looked. Usually there is quite a bit of plaque on the
back of my last molars and the backs of my front bottom teeth
(they are so curved on the back that it's hard to get them clean
enough.) She also used to bug me about flossing because of it and
the sometimes present mild gingivitis but this time she didn't. I
guess she assumed that I had started flossing? (Hehe!) She said
my mouth looked really great. I can tell you that my mouth
*feels* a lot cleaner after using the Sonicare (with the regular
toothbrush it never felt this clean afterwards)! Anyway, all of
that was enough to convince me that the Sonicare works.
So...maybe that is an option if you don't like flossing a lot. I
don't work for the company that makes them and neither did the
guy who told me about them. I just really believe in it (and
apparently, so did he.)

Oh, and btw, they have noticed a difference in my kids' teeth
too, from what the kids are telling me (I don't go in the room
with the older ones but they tell me the comments they get and
the dentist herself tells me stuff when they come out.)

little guy due 3/10/01