[IP] Re: anxiety attacks

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:14:38 -0500
From: "Chelle Doucette" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] anxiety attacks

<<<Lately I have been having
problems with what I am guessing is anxiety attacks--I develop shortness of
breath and my heart races....which seems to make me very queasy.  I have not
started taking any new medications and am not pregnant--no idea what is
causing them except maybe excessive stress. >>>

Hi Chelle-
I have anxiety attacks -- started a couple of years ago before my D dx.  One thing
I would recommend trying is eliminating the caffiene in your diet (if you partake
of any).  I never had a problem with caffiene or stimulants until a few years ago,
and once I cut them out, the number of anxiety attacks was reduced.  They're not
gone entirely, so my doctor gave me a prescription for Xanax.  I'm not one to pop
pills at the slightest thing, but anyone who gets anxiety attacks knows how
debilitating they can be, so I'm willing to use that.  Xanax, for me at least,
doesn't make me tired or woosey, but will take the edge off the anxiety so I can
concentrate.  HTH...