Re: [IP] Anyone like to comment.

In a message dated 1/24/01 12:58:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> It is to bad that management has such
> a narrow view that a bit of charitable work can not be done.

   I applaud your valiant efforts in trying to accomplish this. Tough to
fight off a closed mentality. You are 100% right that not only would it
benefit the newspaper, but what about "humanitarian" benefits for a business
concern? Our local newspaper ran an excellent 7 part series on life with
diabetes ( some of which I linked here) in December. I asked the editor if it
could be made available for reprints by JDRF and
www.childrenwithdiabetes.com. He was more than willing to oblige & e-mailed
them both the entire series as an attachment. As long as credit is given to
the newspaper, he saw no reason to "hoard" information that could benefit
many people.
    Too bad that Arkansas editor didn't see it that way.
Regards, Renee (melissa's pump mom)
p.s. if you'd like our local series as a link here, let me know & I'll send
you the editor's e-mail