[IP] 2 years experience with Celiacs and DM in Gus (8)

Gus was dxd with DM and Celiacs at the same time...endo says this partially
explains why he's small for his age...especially in comparison with his
brothers.  Bone age tests indicate that he is about 1 1/2 years behind...and
his doctor says he may not catch up...he's grown a little since being on a
GF diet, but not the 6 inches in a year that some people report.  He is,
however, extremely healthy and eats a diverse diet.  I love to cook, so
immediately started experimenting with converting familiar favorite recipes
to GF.  There are great sources for flours (if you don't want to mix your
own.)  I don't bake bread, so rely on a Bavarian sourdough from Germany and
the Deland Bakery in Deland Florida...also recently ordered the sourdough
baguettes recommended on the GF Pantry website. We're also lucky that all
our boys like Mexican and Japanese food, but really just about anything can
be prepared with GF flour.

Now that we're two years out...and have been diligent about following the GF
diet I can finally predict a time when Gus will experiment with foods
containing gluten.  It's about ten to fifteen years away!  After he's
supposedly finished growing.
He's been negative for endomesial antibodies at each blood test, and never
experienced some of the really difficult symptoms that some describe...I can
understand how his gastro-entorologist would suggest that he might "cheat."
We'll see.