[IP] Anyone like to comment.

hi pumpers,

Following up on the story of the newborn that is pumping, I sent a
request to the newspaper requesting that we be allowed to use their
story verbatim on the web site to let parents know that there that
pump technology can be used for very young children. Here is the
exchange. If you would like to send a comment to Mr. Fellone, be my
guest.

The messages are listed in the order sent/received

Michael

>From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>
>To: email @ redacted
>Subject: Re: [IP] Insulin pump used to treat diabetic baby - article
>Date: Tue, Jan 23, 2001, 10:58 AM
>

>> Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
>> Insulin pump used to treat diabetic baby
>>
>> Date: 8/3/2000
>> Category: NWAnews
>> Page: A1
>>
>> ARIEL R. FRANK ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE
>> *NW EDITION*
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> My name is Michael Robinton and I am the Executive Directory of a
> non-profit group called Insulin Pumpers that helps folks with
> diabetes. I would like to reproduce the article about Maverick Coe
> on the Kids page of our web site and use it to replace the existing
> piece about the 5 week old youngster in Germany.
>
> Please see:
>
> http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/pkids.shtml
> "The World's Youngest Pumper "
Dear Mr. Robinton,
    Sorry, but we have a policy against website postings or reprints.
regret, but we must decline permission.
Frank Fellone
Deputy Editor
> Ok, I guess I will just interview the MiniMed rep and the parents.
> It would be nice when there is a story like this that gives hope to
> parents and kids with diabetes, to spread the news around. It's is
> hard enough living with diabetes without having to deal with rules
> that don't make sense.
>
> Michael
> email @ redacted
Mr. Robinton,
    Do you give away your product? Neither do we.
Frank Fellone

I replyed to this, but did not keep a copy. The gist of the message
was that Insulin Pumpers is a non-profit organization. All of our
services are given away. The Arkansas Review (whatever??) has
everything to gain an nothing to lose by allowing publication of it's
article. Parents of kids with diabetes from all over the world
reading the article would become aware of the Arkansas Review?? when
they saw the article and would also gain a bit of hope that their
child could be helped as well. It is to bad that management has such
a narrow view that a bit of charitable work can not be done.