Re: [IP] Reactions to the pump

"Oh. I didn't think anyone
> was as bad off as my grandmother.  She has to use one of those."
> It kind of deflated me.
 All we have to talk to face to face are those darn non-dm'ers.
> Sherry C
> From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
> Alternately mad and depressed about people's reactions
Hi...I have to say--I am not on the pump yet--but when my doc. mentioned to
me that he thought I was ready....I got really excited about it...mentioned
it to some friends and their reactions were the same as this person you work
with..."I didn't realize you were so bad off"-  this statement hurt....and I
didn't at that time have a clue of any brilliant comebacks...infact I was
scared "maybe I am getting worse off"--but the truth be known--this pump
thing...I guess?? is going to help me be normal??  closer to normal? :o)  I
Want It!--and this group has helped me...Greatly!  I had never had the
support that we receive from this group.  They are the greatest.  And
Sherry,  good luck...just wanted to let you know...there are others out
there in the same situation.