Re: [IP] Re: youngest pumper

OK...as an RD, I can tell you this...we generally use the following

2 Cups (480 cc) = 1 pound

...so weighing the baby to figure out how much he/she consumed may be
possible with a very good scale and an accurate parent that could do the
delicate calculations...most babies only take about 2-4 ounces of fluid, so
the parent would have to be able to do the CHO counting for the
formula/breast milk.

Hope this helps to enlighten everyone!

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18 years, Pumping since 1/4/1995 (switched to MM from D 11/00.)