Re: [IP] Snow White

At 01:23 pm 1/23/01 Diane Couchot wrote:
 >I've received two from them today.  I just sent another message to their
 >server to ask WHY this is still occurring.  They know WHO the user is, and
 >said the problem WAS resolved.

Unfortunately it's not just one user. This thing propagates on its own. I
just got a copy myself and it came from Mario (see his message below...
I've also notified him privately). Many people that get the worm,
unknowingly replicate it and send it out to others. And, each of these
recipients could potentially do the same thing. That's why these things are
so hard to stamp out.

The best solution is to have an up-to-date virus scanner active at all
time. My copy of Norton Anti-Virus caught it immediately. Virtually all
brands of antiviral software would do the same job, if they are updated
regularly... sometimes updates come out weekly.