Re: [IP] Re: battery storage question

> You said:
> I'll never challenge a pump manufacturer, but I'd certainly want to
> know why H-Tron batteries are different from all the other
> conventional types.

There's nothing magic about the H-Tron battery. The have a
proprietary "sealed" case that is waterproof -- at least by my
observation. the case contains ordinary Eveready or equivalent 357
batteries -- the same one's used in the Minmed pump. The document on
the web site shows how to change the batteries. Whether or not this
causes a PR problem with Disetronic you would have to discuss with
them. It's really much simpler to buy the batteries from Disetronic
than fool with re-loading the case. But in a pinch, it's nice to be
able to go to the drug store and get what you need to keep your pump
running.

Michael