[IP] Re: Youngest Pumper

This is for Diane. Since most of my post was snipped, I'll have to piece
together that post as well as what was snipped in order to bring it together.
Therefore, IF anyone else reading this knows what I'm talking about, please go
to the last paragraph. Otherwise, I can't explain what I meant.

It was posted by another:
> Incidentally there has been some talk here in the state
> about the MM rep who "conspired" with the neonatologist
> treating that twelve hour old boy. It seems that he thought
> putting a pump on a kid that age would be good advertising.
> Indeed it was. The ability to deliver insulin by more
> conventional means, such as an insulin drip, has been the
> treatment of choice for several years during hospital stays
> and is not better or worse than an insulin pump while
> hospitalized and in an intensive care unit.

I responded with:
Now that sounds like a *conspiracy* which doesn't sound that positive. IF the
pump gave/gives this baby a better quality of life, OR a chance at life,
without all those injections with some normalcy of control, how can it be
viewed as an advertising *ploy*. I suppose the real downer is that the
neonatalogist didn't have a Disetronic rep as an acquaintance. The parents on
this list tell how it is to have to stick their little ones so often in a day
and want pumps. Imagine having to stick a 12-hr old baby and testing his
heels! More power to pumping!!! (~_^) YMMV
BTW, is it proper to judge another's thoughts? Was advertising the ultimate
goal for this baby? I hope he (Maverick) is doing well.
(~_^)

From: Diane Couchot: