[IP] refrigerating batteries

> - Do not expose any battery to cold temperatures.  ie in winter I carry my
> extra batteries in my inside jacket pocket.  Cold will reduce battery
> charge.
I was told they'd keep longer if I stored them in the fridge and mine have
been in there since I got my pump and started using the D batteries.  I think
I saw that recommendation on this digest.

you did and it is correct. cold slows down the contiuous chemical reaction
in batteries and improves life span only when batteries are cold they
deliver less power than when they warm up. i always keep my batteries in
the fridge in the little plastic tray i keep my insulin in. don't freeze
batteries. that will damage them structurally inside and damage them.  spot